|How to add Gadgets to blogger template?|
Step by step guide on how to add gadgets or widgets above or below the header:
First, you have to understand that you are going to change the layout of your template. Therefore, always backup!
- Once backing up of the template is over, click Template and select Edit HTML for your blog.
- A pop up will ask you to either Proceed or Cancel and select Proceed to continue editing.
- Once the box is open and you are able to see all the codes and HTML's, press the F3 button or ctrl-F button to open the search box. Search for this code:
- The search will bring you to a section as example below:
- See the words in red. What you got to do is to change the number of maxwidgets from 1 to any number. The number set will determine the number of gadgets you are able to place on that location.
- The last step is to click Save and your template is all ready.
Wait! What happens if there is no such code (<div id="header-wrapper">)in the template? What should I do?
Lucky for you, that was what happened to me exactly! This is usually caused when you are using custom templates. Honestly, I couldn't find a way to solve it as I searched the whole Google but not able to find the exact solution to my problem. If you experienced this, this is what you can do:
- Instead of searching for this code:
Search for this instead:
- You are definitely going to find quite a number of codes with maxwidgets and thus, check manually on which is the one that has the word header close by. In my case, I found this (see the one in red):
- What you can do here is simple. Just change the maxwidgets to any other number than 1 and press save.
- Now check back your Layout and you will be able to see new Gadgets area located above and below the header.
I hope you enjoyed this article as much as I do when writing it and if you have any enquiry, feel free to drop me a line and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Also, if you like this, please use the share button to share with your friends and family.
About the writer: I am an avid blogger and close to a full time online writer. I been writing for many years and The Big Fat Reality is one of my upcoming blogs. I am also sharing all my tips and guides on blogging in this blog and if you love blogging, you should definitely check this article out: Disqus - The Best Alternative Comment System For Blogger.